Dubai, United Arab Emirates, June 22nd, 2020 – OBIX v8.1 Perinatal Data System available for customer installs effective June, 2020. Clinical Computer Systems, Inc. (CCSI) today announces the award-winning* OBIX Perinatal Data System software is upgraded for the Middle East market as part of the ongoing commitment to the region.
OBIX v8.1 focuses on clinical enhancements developed specifically for the region and supports the UAE Ministry of Health and Prevention (MOHAP) initiatives in its Innovation Strategy 2019-2021 looking for new technologies and systems to help improve patient care and outcomes.
OBIX is used by hospitals in the North American market, accounting for more than 25% of all births in the country, and integrates with HIS systems used across the healthcare sector.
OBIX v8.1 clinical enhancement features formatted for the Middle East region include:
- Tracing speed reduced by 1/3 to support a 1 cm/min display used in the region
- Trace display grid shows a time stamp every 10-minutes
- E-Tools available to assist nurses, midwives, and physicians with the management of electronic fetal monitoring and decisions regarding patient care
- European/Middle East date format to DD/MM/YYYY in most modules throughout the OBIX system
- International English incorporated into Notes, Flowsheets and Care Plans
- Clinician entry of FHR components allows calculation of categories describing the fetal heart pattern as normal, suspicious or pathological. Descriptions are based on NICE guidelines. The FHR Categorization screen shows the last three assessments, allowing clinicians to see trends over time
Additionally, an upgraded version of the Postgres database is included in OBIX v8.1 and Middle East customers have full support from the Middle East regional headquarters in Dubai, UAE and the GCC region.
* OBIX Perinatal Data System was named category leader in 9- out of 10-years for labor and delivery in the Annual KLAS Reports as “Best in KLAS Awards: Software & Service”
Notes for Editors:
Clinical Computer Systems, Inc. is a privately-owned business of 150-employees established in 1997 based in Hoffman Estates, Illinois, USA and established the Middle East regional headquarters at One Central, DWTC District, Dubai, UAE following successful implementation of the OBIX system at Johns Hopkins Aramco Hospital in 2017. Since that time the Middle East region has become a focus for growth into hospital systems and 2020 will see announcements of successful installation agreements across the UAE, KSA, Kuwait and the rest of the GCC region.
Nearly 40% of staff either serve, or have served, as nurses at all levels of seniority in maternity and labour & delivery units and the system is designed with the clinicians in mind. The OBIX system provides complete central, bedside, and remote, electronic fetal monitoring and we work cooperatively with industry leading EHR companies to secure a seamless integration between systems, to deliver a premier perinatal software solution for obstetrics patient care. The OBIX system transcends other options in the market because this is our baby.